It has arrived, ladies. The movie about some of our favorite books on the planet. Yeah, they changed the name a bit, but not a TON else. Here are my pros and cons after watching it:
- it's not a book, it's a movie
- they combined the first two books into this first movie and skipped a lot of my favorite parts (like the part when Georgia's grandpa farts in public)
- Georgia (or any of the characters, for that matter) didn't act like I imagined she would
- it was even sadder to actually SEE Dave the Laugh's heart get broken
- when doing the "pencil test" on screen, they put the pencil vertically between the basoomas. That is clearly not how it was performed in the book (should have been horizontal, underneath)
- The movie focused on the big things that happened in the book (like when Georgia's actually doing something) instead of her hilarious ramblings when she's just sitting in her room, cutting out some of the most hilarious material they could have worked with.
- Libby wasn't really funny at all in the movie
- it was set in England, with English actors/actresses
- they got a pretty decent cat to play Angus
- Dave the Laugh was a cutie
- in fact, I thought he was cuter than The Sex God (Robbie)
- it was a good laugh
Anyways, I know not all of you have read these hilarious books, but you should give them a try if you have some extra time and would like to laugh at the insane ramblings of a 14 year old.
If any of you fellow fans of the books see the movie, let me know what you think of it. I'd even be willing to watch it again if it meant watching it with you. It's in the Redbox.