Wednesday, April 12, 2006

but, I thought you liked me!


You know how when someone at church is speaking and they mention names of people that they think are amazing and you were totally part of the experience they are talking about but they forget to mention your name? And then you feel like you didn't contribute anything? And that they don't like you? If anyone knows what I am talking about, congratulations. You win the prize for understanding my unintelligible somethings.

The reason I thought of this is because I was going to make a list of people who make my life great, but I knew I would forget someone and make them feel unwanted and unappreciated. Making lists is pretty tedious because you know you're going to have an impossible time of mentioning everything.

So, instead of listing everyone that makes a difference in my life, I would like to dedicate this post to all the people who know they mean something to me. You know who you are. And I like you a lot and would never forget to mention your name on purpose. You are far too important to me.

5 comments:

micquel said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm assuming things here, but I think i'm right.

Anyway, you're totally right about the missing people thing. I remember this one time at a thankamony at girls camp...just kidding, I won't bore you with that, but know that I win the prize and understand your "unintelligible somethings."

micquel said...

p.s. the look of terror and confusion on Mr. Bean's face perfectly expresses the feeling of your title. perfectly.

smart alec said...

nIKKI, i LIKE YOU A LOT. wHICH IS EVIDENT IN MY BACKWARDS CAPS. bUT i LIKE IT. bUT NOT AS MUCH AS i LIKE YOU. sO THERE.

deb said...

Next time I give a thankyoumony I will thank you. And you might even be there since we will be in the same ward in a short while.

Unknown said...

That would be so pleasing, Debbie. It is always nice to hear your own name specifically and individually, rather than as a general group. Sorry I couldn't name everyone, but I will say that everyone who has been kind enough to amuse me and comment on this is definitely on my list of favorite people. Whether that will be the truth by the end of the summer, only time will tell.