Tuesday, May 16, 2006

i don't know them, but they're ever present


Ever since we've moved in we have met a lot of new people. We meet people who live in our apartment complex. We meet people who are in our ward. We meet people in our dinner groups. We meet people at stake dances. We meet people who look in our windows. Most of these people fall into the category of Ward Members, but some do not. It's quite interesting, though, to see how we all react to meeting so many crazies. I think we all expected it to be much worse and anxiety-ridden than it really is. I mean, it's still sometimes nerve racking, but definitely survivable. And what with all of these activities and meetings we have to go to we're going to be around them a lot. I wonder if we'll get to know who they all are, really. And will they get to know the real us's? Lets hope so.

17 comments:

Trisha said...

can you really get to know people in that short of time? do you even know the real you yet? these questions are far too deep for the likes of me. i am busy listening to the mortal kombat theme song.

smart alec said...

I definitely agree Nikki. I thought it would be far more crazy and dificult. But everyone is really nice and laid back and it seems easy to get to know them. Honestly, I am surprised...pleasantly surprised.

micquel said...

I'm terrified of each and every one of them. that's all. And Alexz!, Please do come visit us. we can have icecream! (but not chocolate kind).

Unknown said...

who knows who the real me is. Alexz! come on down. You can sleep on our porch. I like everyone.

Trisha said...

Nikki! you can sleep on the porch with Alexz! it is a plan. you would be fulfilling one of my dreams.

smart alec said...

haha. chocolate chocolate chocolate. but for far different reasons.


um, yes, I have no idea.

deb said...

I really don't know what is going on any more. Out of the loop BIG TIME.

Unknown said...

I think it is all nonsensical.

Trisha said...

all in spring time the only pretty ring time birds sing hey ding a ding a ding sweet lovers love the spring. all nonsense.

smart alec said...

but excellent movie. It is in the drawer under the TV. Perhaps I shall watch it sometime. Nonsense is good in my book.

Trisha said...

what movie is excellent?

kidzdilemmas said...

Hi! I want to know if u remember me. It is Monica's daughter.
Cool about moving into a new apartment!

Trisha said...

NEW POST!!! DO YOUR SEVEN SEVENS!

plugalong said...

You know I only just noticed that picture was digital. The same people repeating over and over. Ha, I know I can be slow, but if given time I also usually catch on. :}
I am looking forward to a new post too!

micquel said...

the picture is pretty crazy. They look like barbies with bendy arms to me.

smart alec said...

Yeah, where are your Sevens, young lady?

deb said...

I know it was hard when blogger erased your post, but you need to persist and try again my friend. yOu must.