Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Maybe he's no Romeo but he's my lovin' one man show

Here's a picture of me with Monte. Sorry it's really blurry. This is when we were at Seaport Village in San Diego. He's a winner. It's weird that hardly any of you have met him. In fact, I believe Hayley's the only one who has. Odd. That will have to change. I'm sure you'll see a lot of him when most of us will live together in the Fall. Yay. Another cause for yaying: he cut his hair!!

On another note, Idaho was fantastic! I don't have any pictures from the trip because I didn't bring my camera, but Debbie, Hayley, and Melissa will have many many. You just wait. Here's a list of some awesome things we did:
- boating on the Palisades Reservoir (beautiful!)
- drive-in movie ("Handcock" (yes, that's how people in Driggs spell it) was really dumb)
- bonfire
- chair lift ride at Targhee resort (wonderful view of the Tetons...and Mary's Nipple)
- rodeo in Jackson Hole! (Mutton Busting is one of my new favorite things to watch)
Besides all of the great activities and company we enjoyed, Dani's father made us the best food! Breakfasts of champions and an unbelievable Mexican dinner!

10 comments:

Meg Duffy said...

well, idaho would have been more fun if I would have been there - I mea, seriously! I miss you..... oh man.

plugalong said...

Yay for Idaho! We were just there tubing (is that right? It wouldn't be tubbing) on a river near Rexburg. Lots of fun!

Becca said...

You two are so adorable! I love it!

Kevin Hanks said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm quite jealous, Driggs is one of my favorite places on the planet. Yessiree . . . that's where I went on my High School Senior trip! Some people go to Europe, CancĂșn, Australia, but not me! It was Driggs Idaho baby (Mostly for the mountain biking on Targhee)!
Enjoy the mountains though, the only thing breaking the horizon here in Illinois are the water towers!

Naomi Hanks said...

Woohoo! Sounds like life in Nikki-town is pretty grand these days. Hope Kevin and I get to meet this Monte character sometime...Maybe a game night. hehe :) Anyway, I hope you are still around when we get back. It will be nice to hang out with people over the age of 1.

micquel said...

You need to take pictures of the haricut and post for all to see. I get to meet your man a week from today. yay!

deb said...

Wait. did you get another hair cut?! And I miss those real good breakfasts we had. Did you get my message about tomorrow? We need to reschedule this outing. I am working the next few Saturdays...same bat shift.

Dani said...

great. now i have that song stuck in my head...

"wo, wo, wo wo....let's hear it for the boooooooyy!"

Unknown said...

It's a good song!
No, I did NOT get another haircut and will not be getting one for probably at least a year. Monte, however, did get a haircut which pleased me more than you'll ever know.

hayley said...

wow Nikki, I never figured you for a person who bases so much importance on outward appearance. His long hair was kind of charming...
and your short short hair was hot! the only thing that could've helped was bangs.