Thursday, July 30, 2009

So many blessings! Is something bad going to happen soon?

I am just overwhelmed lately with blessings. Here are a few of them:
1. Monte is awesome and got a half scholarship. There's $2000 we thought we'd have to have for school this year that just got handed to us.
2. I received grants totaling around $7800. What the? I really only needed like $2000, but whatev. Maybe they'll let me use it Spring and Summer, too.
3. I got offered my old job at Women's Services on campus. This was much needed considering I was stressed out about the car situation during school. Monte and I only have one car and since we both work at differing times in Orem we weren't sure how it was going to work out. Now I'll just ride the bus to BYU everyday and stay from 9-5. Easy.

Monte and I are joking (mostly) that all of these blessings are happening because something really bad is going to happen soon. We're kind of scared. Perhaps we should be more optimistic?

7 comments:

my favorite color is green said...

woo hoo! take the blessings when they come- but i think they'll just keep on comin' because you guys are awesome... and because we're going hiking in september, right?

[Morgan] said...

oh man, i think this way too!
ha ha.
enjoy the blessings girl!

Regs said...

Blessings are awesome. Enjoy them as they last. And I miss you. And you were awesome at your old job at WSR. Wish I were there to work with you. :-) Loves!!!

micquel said...

I say yes to optimism. Bad stuff happens, but anticipating it won't make it better. And on all your blessings I say woot hoo!Scholarships and grants are sweet. Doesn't that just take the stress off so nicely? Jeff and I are hoping for some similar blessings here in the near future. Cheers to being poor and getting a government subsidized education!

hayley said...

Lucky.

Becca said...

enjoy the blessings. the shiz will come in time. and then more blessings. and then more shiz. but the blessings always exceed the amount of shiz...God takes good care of his kids.

opposition in all things right? haha.

haven't seen you in FOREVER. miss your face.

smart alec said...

i miss your face too! and i'm really glad that you have so many good things happening. the good will always be worth going through the bad