Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm gettin' married in da mornin'

Just kidding. I'm already married. To Monte. He's awesome.

Anyways. We moved in to my parents' basement last week. I think it was probably the most stressful week of my life. Here's why:
1. The new receptionist I hired started on Monday and then quit on Tuesday. Had to start interviewing again.
2. Midterms. Bleh.
3. Moving. More moving than I've ever experienced before (FURNITURE!).

Everything is mostly back to normal now. I am almost decided on who to hire as the new receptionist, one midterm down and one more to go on Friday, and everything is moved into my parent's (my back is still killing me, however).

Now I just have to find time to organize all of our belongings and create a semblance of order again. Please pray that I can receive some motivation to do so!

Here's a question for all of you busy people (so, pretty much everyone who read this blog):
How do you find time to exercise? I get home around 6:30 or 7 every night, do homework, eat dinner, etc. It doesn't even occur to me most of the time that exercising is an option. It just doesn't seem to fit into my schedule. I ran in the mornings for a while, but now I have to be to work by 8am and that's too early to run, shower, and get ready. BUT I really need to exercise. Please advise.

5 comments:

micquel said...

I just really love that picture. really I do. I'm sorry that I can't give you advice on fitting exercise in. Jeff and I used to get up at 5 and work out--but that was when we had no trouble getting to bed around 9:30. Now that school is crazy, we gave up since we can never get to bed on time. I guess they only way to do it is make it more of a priority than sleep? I don't know, I look forward to what other peeps might have to say.

Dani said...

easy. i'll be your exercise partner. i can't exercise till later, either. we can do jane fonda workouts on youtube.

Becca said...

get someone to work out with. having another person waiting for you is more motivation to go. it's easy to talk yourself out of it if it's just you. but when there is someone else - you don't want to let them down.

also - when life is crazy, be ok with doing easy stuff. like run for 20 minutes only. or work out for an hour but only 2-3 times a week. start out slower and it'll be easier to fit it in your schedule. then when you have time, you'll be able to add an extra workout in or make them longer.

this is all coming from a stay at home mom who never works out. i should take my own advice.

Naomi Hanks said...

Crazy stressful times! Hope things are settled by now. As for the exercise, I get up at 5am cause its the only time I have. If that doesn't work for you, Kevin always uses his lunch break to workout and just eats at his desk later. I guess you just have to squeeze it in wherever there is a spare minute!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I think I'm just going to have to give up sleep.
Dani- I'd love to exercise with you, but you live quite far away. Quite.
Good ideas Becca and Naomi! I just need to work up the motivation. Or get fat. Meh.