Thursday, October 20, 2005

Life IS a butt. At least the dating part of it.

So, lately I've been going kind of crazy with the whole dating thing. I mean, I like Jake, but he's leaving....eventually and I felt like I maybe needed to go on some dates with other people to get back to reality. Tye and Kyle agreed, and said they would try to set me up with some people. Now, I know that sounds like the most insane thing ever, and that no girl in her right mind would want to go through with any of it, but it sounded appealing to me that night at around midnight.

Here are the problems: Tye and Kyle only know people who are their age (about 25). They asked me how I felt about dating older men (I thought the wording of this to be quite funny) and I said that I was okay with it. I mean, yeah, it would be weird at first, but I really don't think age is that big of a deal. I also told them, though, that "older men" would NOT be okay with going out with and 18 year old. They might do it to be nice, or to do a favor for someone, but they wouldn't take it seriously. They would probably feel really awkward on a date with an 18 year old, and I don't blame them. Kyle agreed that this was probably the case, but that he would still look into it, anyway. I'm slightly anxious and nervous about this whole thing, but maybe I should give it a try.

Wow, I got so carried away with that problem of dating that I forgot to mention the other one: All boys OUR age are leaving us. Basically, our only option is to date "older men" and pretend like they don't think we're little girls (which they SO do, you can just tell). DATING is a butt.

10 comments:

Babs said...

Yes, yes Nikki! Go for the older men! It's kind of how the mormon dating cycle works you're right! But it's not so bad. :o)

deb said...

DATING is such a big butt. I don't know any boys that are older. Scott doesn't know any boys that are older that aren't married. I don't think Thomas knows any boys at all. Basically, moving out is my only option. So here comes the bride..er, apartment complex.

micquel said...

Becca, I agree with you more than words can say. Dating is not pretty, it does not smell good, and the only thing to do with it is just flush it.

Unknown said...

What a great analogy. Becca and Micquel should work together more often.

Ha ha ha ha. I laughed when I read that Thomas probably doesn't know any boys at all. That is so true. Well, you know, he DOES know Kendall, and he's not THAT much younger than you.

EEEWWWWW! That was utterly disgusting.

deb said...

PUKEEEEE. and also poopy. Can you imagine dating someone like Kendall? NASTY.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't date someone like him for a new car. I would for a million dollars, though. I mean, just get a lot of really expensive presents from him, then dump him. I'm not heartless, I promise.

deb said...

nOT FOR ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD. i DIDN'T INTENTIONALLY WRITE THIS IN ALL CAPS, BUT IT IS WORKING FOR MY ADVANTAGE.

Unknown said...

You just don't want presents enough.

Trisha said...

agreed. what are we to do? we have to date them. and they don't take it seriously. but do YOU want to take it seriously? that is what i thought. do you want to get married now? or do you just want some action? think about this. MEN ARE TOO OLD!

Unknown said...

If only I had the time to write a new post.