Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Roadtrip: Provo to Ann Arbor, Michigan

My first real roadtrip. I'm going with my sister, Tye, and her husband, their daughter Millie, and his parents. How will I survive? I don't know. I suppose I will listen to a lot of music, read some good books, and wear earplugs whilst enjoying the scenery. Woot.


After viewing this map, I have just realized what I am in for. Do you see how far away Michigan is from Utah? Holy carp. What have I done? I already bought my plane ticket home, so I guess I'm in for the long haul. I just looked it up and it is approximately 1,616 miles to Michigan from Provo. Wish me well. I may not be coming back fully intact.

The really exciting part about this trip, though, is that we're going to stop in Nauvoo for a few days. I've never been there and I think I'll even have time to do baptisms and look up some history on a few ancestors who lived there. I'm really quite excited.

5 comments:

deb said...

YOu are such a lucky duck. I have been to Nauvoo once, but i was being toted about, and tethered by a leash (I was 3). The only thing I regret about you leaving is that you will miss one of the last weeks here at the Miller. I will miss you greatly. But you know we can have block parties or stand on a corner (not under a red light), or something.

micquel said...

I miss you already. Our room looks so barren with all your stuff off the walls. Last night whenever I'd wake up I'd be like, "wha?" at the sight of the blank walls. But have fun on that ridiculously long drive. Do you need to borrow my iPod?

plugalong said...

Yep. Jealous.

smart alec said...

Nikki, I hope you had so much fun you couldn't even stand it. Did you do baptisms. The Nauvoo temple is amazing - outside and most definitely in.

Many appologies on having to come back to a room covered in your other roomates things - namely mine - and the fact that you got very sick. But I still like you a lot and will pretty much do anything you want me to do...for the next few weeks.

Unknown said...

I've been home for awhile, but let me tell you: Nauvoo is amazing. Mostly the temple. I did baptisms there and it's the prettiest temple I've ever seen. I highly recommend it to anyone if you are able.

I am enjoying being home at the apartment immensely. Too bad I have to move out in like a week. I'm not really sure what day I'm supposed to move out. Troublesome.