Monday, June 23, 2008

Some glimpses of my job.

Over here at Women's Services we have a pretty good time. Yes, it was more fun when Naomi worked here, but we're still very silly (thanks to Kristi). The following pictures are some things that I keep at my desk. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

This is one of my favorite comic strips--luckily it's in The Daily Universe. I thought this one was bulletin-board-worthy. Sometimes I wish relationships could be like this. Except maybe there would still be kissing. Some of you know my nickname...My boss received about 15 monkeys from this man who was in love with her. Fortunately, she gave me this one. It's really tiny so I can keep it at my desk. The best part is that when you squeeze it's tummy it whistles at you. Woot woo!
We had to clean out a section of our office last week because they're doing construction. It was pretty boring going through all of the old stuff, but it was all worth it because I found this treasure:
Who knew floppy disks were so awesome?

12 comments:

Kristi said...

The magic of the DINO DISK will live on forever! Also, agreed: we are silly.

Dani said...

haha. keep the disk. it will be worth millions some day..

Erin said...

That is one magic floppy. I wonder if such a thing can still be purchased? Or maybe jump drives will start being awesome.

Naomi Hanks said...

HA HA! I remember the Dino disk! I sure miss you guys but I'm glad Kristi is there to make you laugh. P.S. Loved the comic...marriage is kinda like that sometimes too! :)

ms. s. manwaring said...

NIKMO!!!!

deb said...

So, I once saw a Hannah Montana thumb drive thingy. Perhaps it will become the dino disk of the future.

Unknown said...

If that's the truth, I don't know what this world is coming to.

smart alec said...

that is an awesome floppy disk. score.

Becca said...

oh my goodness! first of all I love the dilbert. that makes me laugh. What is your nickname? And also, I clicked on the dino picture before I read your last line. It took me a full 2 minutes to figure out what it was. haha. makes me laugh.

Becca said...

oh wow I am really retarded.

nikmo

ms. s. manwaring said...

nice cartoon! although i would never take advantage of a guy for his skills. i mean...well, i suppose that depends on what kind of skills...

hanner said...

I'm sorry I don't make the office fun for you :(