Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We'll get through it somehow...

Last night I was reading in 2 Nephi 19 (in the Book of Mormon) where Jacob is quoting Isaiah 9 and I was struck by this verse:

16 For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.

This verse seems so applicable to the time we're living in right now, especially with the upcoming election. I've heard so many foolish things come out of both of the main candidates' mouths (mostly Obama...). It's a scary time.

On the bright side, at least we have an amazing leader of the LDS church, President Thomas S. Monson! If only all of the leaders in our lives could be appointed by God...

5 comments:

Becca said...

that is scary. this election makes me sick, really. that's why whenever people start talking about it I say stupid things like "I hate politics. I hate talking about it. and I don't vote." haha. I know. I'm dumb. I just don't know what to do so I gave up.

It is very reassuring that we have a great church leader who can guide us. As long as we follow THAT leader, we will not be destroyed. Or if we are, we won't be damned to hell at least.

nice post nikki. you should do more like this. I like talking about serious things sometimes. not that you being engaged, your ring, your dress, and ps. your fiance aren't serious...but you know what I mean.

Meg said...

oh nikki. I feel the same way. it's scary sometimes. I am SO HAPPY I am a member of the church. it is the best comforter around. deep sigh.

l i z said...

this is what i'm always reminding Ben when he gets all dooms-dayish on me. and it's such a vital thing to remember; to have hope. because we have living prophets and a Heavenly Father who loves us! think how blessed we are to have that knowledge when so many others feel so much darkness. we don't have to.
thanks for this cutie!

smart alec said...

You know, it is so true. In the long run, it doesn't really matter who is president of the country, because we will always have a prophet of God who will guide us in the right direction. Things might go awry in the country and the world, but if we are following the prophet, we will not be led astray.

hayley said...

I LOVE OBAMA!
HA ha ha....