Sunday, March 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Exactly one month ago it was Valentine's Day. I am just now going to post about it. I hope that's okay with you, because I'm not going to stop this post just because of petty complaints.

I made cinnamon rolls from scratch for the first time ever. Here are some pictures of the messy occasion:
Just some of the dishes that needed to be washed

The little buns rising in the warm oven

The icing I made (I didn't have cream cheese so I added sour cream instead--pretty good!). Pretend it's dripping down instead of to the left.

And this is why I made them. So I could cheesily ask Monte to go to a Valentine's dance with me. Just like in high school. I can't really draw dump trucks this well--I traced it. Pretend the buns are inside of the dump truck.
Maybe sometime this week I'll have time to post a picture of how Monte responded to me. Hopefully all of you will aspire to be as cool as me and Monte from now on.

10 comments:

Regs said...

I love this. You are awesome. And I miss you. :-)

Lauren said...

Those look delicious! Such a cute idea!

[Morgan] said...

i aspire! i aspire!

Unknown said...

Thanks, gals! It was hard work, but totally worth the greatness.

my favorite color is green said...

good times! you are awesome and so is your hubby. hope you enjoyed the dance :)

hayley said...

Valentine's Dance? What the--you guys barely would go to the Halloween parties... Ha ha.
I would like those buns in my mouth. I wish you would've posted a close-up of that corner bun that looks a bit... irregular.

Stephanie said...

Haha I like it! And those cinnamon rolls look gooooood.

smellame said...

That is very very very the best!

SUper Foodie said...

These look delicious! What a great valentines idea!

MJ said...

aaaaaaahahahahahaah!!! haul your buuuns!!!! incredibleee!!! also, it looks like you had like a million of those cinny rolls...WHY didn't you shareeee? (with me)