Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Here are some pictures to tide you over:

I guess some people really DO read my blog. I had no idea.

In case you didn't hear already, I finally got to go on my Mexican cruise that I paid for two years ago (that the Swine Flu foiled). This time the Mena's paid and I went...without Monte. That was the sad part, but it was still really fun and I got to fully relax for a full week. And go to some awesome beaches. And get hit on by a lot of Mexican men.

This is proof that I tried to eat fish and like it (that's tilapia). It was gross. I just can't like fish, no matter how hard I try.

Jlene and I got to know each other very well. We were roommates for a whole week! She's really nice and patient.
This is the only time I ever went swimming in the pool on the ship. This was after a long day of walking around Puerto Vallarta and riding the crazy city bus.
This is just a couple of minutes after the above picture was taken. See Walmart in the background? It's taking over the world.
This is Monte's youngest brother, Danny, with some random military men that are everywhere in Mexico (at least the coastal places I went to). That's our ship in the background.
The beach on Stone Island (in Mazatlan). I look insane.
My favorite port BY FAR was Cabo San Lucas. We went on a glass-bottom boat tour to a couple of beaches, saw some pretty, colorful fish, and went past this famous arch. Later that day Danny and Sam (Monte's brothers) went parasailing, which I think I want to do someday.
This is a wound that I got in Cabo whilst climbing upon some rock on the beach. It reminded me of Debbie's Hawaii beach wound, but way less severe.

6 comments:

hayley said...

Holy COW, look at your bazungas!!! they look bigger, are they bigger? No wonder all them Meheecan men were hitting on you. That Tilapia looks delicious. I would have licked that plate dry and asked for seconds.
That glass bottom boat sounds awesome, and why DIDN'T you go parasailing with them??? I would loooove that.

Maecy said...

Yes, yes. Another wound. I wanna go!

Unknown said...

Yeah, Hayley, I was a bit shocked when I saw that picture, too. I swear they're not really that big. It was a fluke.
I didn't go parasailing because it was like $25/person and I felt guilty making Monte's parents pay for it.

Maecy: all you have to say is: "another wound"?
Someday us sisters (and mom) should all go on a vacation, just the girls.

Stephanie said...

Cabo San Lucas!? That's Dan and Missy's hangout when they go to Mexico! You know, maybe WE should all go someday...just us roommates, Missy doing the translating. Maybe for our ten-year reunion in 2020. Yes?

Unknown said...

heheheh- HEy, Hayley took the words out of my mouth!
Anyway, I am glad you had fun- I so loved my cruise to Mexico, and I would go again in a heartbeat!
Sorry about the leg. Sometimes those small wounds are the most annoying

Dani said...

Alright. The pictures have tided me. Now I need substance.