Saturday, April 23, 2011

I guess I should start acting like an adult now...

(the new dress that Monte bought me for graduation)

(Monte gave me this flower lei--I loved it!)
(yep, that's right--my dad has keys to the football stadium)
(at the Geography graduate luncheon a couple hours before the ceremony)


As you can tell from the pictures above, I decided to walk after all. I'm glad I did. It felt momentous. And I got a flower lei out of it--totally worth it.

Thanks to all of you who helped me get to this point: mom and dad for letting me live at their house when I ran out of rent money (and for raising me, of course); friends/roommates for listening to me complain about classes; everyone for helping me brainstorm the "perfect" major for me; and everyone else who made a difference to me during my college career.

I'm kind of sad to not be in college anymore. I hope I don't just turn in to a lazy bum. I could see myself doing that. Perhaps I'll volunteer at the temple, or something. Or hang out with all of you more! Or both.

Now I don't have an excuse about not exercising--before it was always "I'm too busy to exercise," but now I really DO have time, so everyone ask me how that's going for me and hopefully you'll all guilt me into doing it.

9 comments:

Dani said...

let's sign up for those classes again. i loved them. that way i can guilt trip you for sure.

James Clary said...

CONGRATS NIKKI! That is such a HUGE accomplishment, and you will be sooo glad you went through all that work to get it done. I'm so proud! And with all your free time you should come play with me! haha, but for reals - it's been far too long.

James Clary said...

also...how is working out going for you?

AND YOUR DRESS IS ADORABLE!!!! I love it! cutest thing ever, especially on you.

James Clary said...

bwhahaha, I just barely realized that I am signed in as james. let's see how many comments I can leave on your blog. ha. sorry.

-Becca

smart alec said...

yay for walking! it really is quite monumentous, even though it takes up mounds of time of sitting in a silly cape. and excellent choice on the dress by the way :)

(and also i was really confused why "James" was saying how adorable your dress was. haha, so glad it was becca)

Stephanie said...

CONGRATS on graduating! And I'm so glad you walked. The whole thing is a little long and boring...but so was school, right? Cute new dress! And I know that sad feeling you get when you're done...but hey, at least you did it!

deb said...

cute dress Nik! I am so glad you did it!

Unknown said...

Becca, I thought you were this guy named James that I know and it really weirded me out when you said "you should come play with me." But then I realized it was you and I was okay with it.

Working out so far has not been the best because of a temporary (monthly) illness, but hopefully will be better next week. I'm going to try to go to zumba 4 days a week at BYU. We'll see...

Reed said...

To "Walk" puts a special happiness for you and your family and friends. Thanks for walking, when you were available to do so. It makes Dad's and Mom's "right proud."
Of course, we're right proud whether you walk or not.