Thursday, August 02, 2012

first interview!

BEST news I've heard in at least a few weeks: Monte got his first invitation to interview at a PA school! This is SOOOO exciting. I know it doesn't mean he'll get it, but it's definitely a start. Sometimes we both start feeling hopeless and feel like he'll never get into any of them (not that he's not qualified enough, PA school is just hard to get into).

The school that wants to interview him is the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. The main campus is in Newark, but the PA school is in Piscataway, NJ. Piscataway is only 4 hours away from Micquel and Jeff in Ithaca, NY and is only 3 hours away from Teri and her fam in York, PA! It's also only 50 minutes from New York City. Pretty exciting.

Hopefully Monte will get invited to interview at lots of other schools. I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

deb said...

That is so awesome. But so far away. You all need to stop forming this north eastern club. Anyways, good luck to Monte!

Maecy said...

I LOVE the East coast, but selfishly am hoping for something closer!

micquel said...

Yes! Good luck to Monte for sure. We could do weekend cousin sleepovers all the time, and it would be awesome, yep.

Teri said...

Yay! I wish you the best Nikki, and I am totally praying he gets into that school not just for you (selfish I know)! When you get here (because Monte is totally getting in) we should have an east coast tour... York, New Jersey, Ithaca NY... :)

Unknown said...

He's leaving on the 27th for his interview on the 28th. Hope it goes well! I don't necessarily want him to get into this school, but it's nice to know I have friends on the East Coast now!