Monday, December 05, 2005

I bought a laptop.

It's really exciting, but I really don't need it that much. Yes, it will be really handy for school, but I didn't NEED it. I don't really know very much about computers, though, so I don't really know what to do with it. It's a Dell. I can watch DVDs on it and burn CDs. That's pretty much the extent of the exciting stuff, besides wireless internet (this is one thing I still need to figure out, though). Maybe Teri will have to help me out in the laptop department...or at least ask Matt about it for me. Ha ha.

Other than that fantastic news, I really don't have much else to say. Today I gave a presentation on low carb diets for my biology class. I had to stand in front of my poster for 50 minutes surrounded by people I don't know after I gave my 2 minute presentation at the very beginning. Luckily, Phil and Trisha are really good friends and came to visit me. We had a good chat and they prevented me from becoming bored out of my mind. What great pals.

I also came home from work early today because I have a headache and I'm having a bad hair day, if you know what I mean. I also got about 4 hours of sleep last night. No good. I really need to work a lot, though, to pay for this blasted laptop. It's worth it, right?

Teri, I'm having problems with blogs on my laptop. Didn't you have some initial problems that eventually went away? It won't let me look at them--it says they don't exist. I don't think yours was this extreme, but if you have any words of advice, please share them.

7 comments:

Mrs. Clary said...

how exciting! a new laptop! hooray for you. i wish i had one but i really dont think my parents will ever buy one for me and i dont really see me buying one for me either. its a lose lose situation.

smart alec said...

who is that? whoever it is, they sure are sure of themselves. sheesh.

Babs said...

Hola Nikki! So you finally did it eh? I just remember you talking about getting a laptop.. but you didn't know when! They're pretty exciting. Initially those were my favorite parts too( the cd burner that I don't use, and the dvd player cause you can lay in your bed and watch movies). As for the blog thing, I think blogger was just being stupid... I don't know that for sure or anything, but I don't think it's the computer. And wireless internet... well, Campus Plaza has free internet, so I just followed their directions.. but yes, Matt could probably help you out with the real answers to your questions.
"Bad hair" days are the worst!

micquel said...

Should I forgo all of my christmas presents and get a small portion of a laptop paid for? I am kind of thinking not. but nikki, I hope you get that wireless internet thing worked out, because that's just wicked awesome! Lets watch North and South, okay?

deb said...

So at work I was sitting in this retarded chair where the back was fully reclined never to return to its original place. I sat there trying really hard to sit up like a normal person when the chair was bucking me backwards. And in my head I was thinking, "recharded tair!" and then I laughed like a hysterical beast. No one knew what the heck was wrong with me. But I liked it.

Unknown said...

Laughing so hard can't breath.

micquel said...

"recharded tair" was really, really funny, but what I enjoyed even more was debbie laughing like a "hysterical beast." Hahahaha