Thursday, January 05, 2006

Disgusting

I have just spent $290.45 on my textbooks for this semester. That is competely obscene. $240 of those precious, hard-earned dollars went to anvil-size books for my Art History class. I'm not kidding about the size of those things, either. I can barely lift the heaviest one with one arm--even my extremely buff, toned right arm. I slightly terrified at the prospect of carrying all of these books across campus. Obsurd.

The semester starts in 4 days and I feel like I haven't done anything productive this whole 3-week break. YES! I reached my goal of being as lazy as possible and eating far more junk food than I ever should. No, but really, I just did whatever the heck I wanted these past weeks and I feel pretty good about it. I'm in for quite the long haul (a heavy haul at that) until April and I'm glad I had this break to relax.

Oh, and lets make this clear: I'm still planning on moving out in the summer. Unless my parents can talk me out of it, then I'm all for it. So don't make any plans without me, silly girls. I was in on this, too, and I'd like to stay in it if possible.

10 comments:

micquel said...

$240 for the art history books!? ah crap! and I thought that I was all good for buying a laptop. at least we will get buff carrying them, right? I am SO delighted that you are still in on the moving out ness. it will be a blast, and I just cannot wait until finals are over in April and we can spend many months doing what we have done over the three week break. which is nothing. oh, its going to be SWEET.

deb said...

Sweet release. I am kind of stressed out about this new semester thing. I didn't even know it was coming. I still don't have a final schedule all ready. I have no idea where the heck my classes are. They are probably in made up buildings like the NCMO building, or the PMS building...dah!

Unknown said...

Looks like Art History books only totaled to $160. That is quite an improvement. We didn't need one of the textbooks.

I was looking at the Winter semester schedule and it looks like we only have two days off the entire semester: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Presidents day. We don't even have a Spring Break. I'm going to have a breakdown of all sorts.

Trisha said...

agreed. this is definitely the depressing semester. it will kind of bite. well done on getting those books. I can't wait until it is my turn to take art history. Yay! my books cost me $340. and this is only because I already have all of the chemistry books i need.

smart alec said...

My books weren't that bad this semester, but I am so not looking forward to Physical Science. In fact, I am already dreading the homework. I really really really don't want to go back to school. But I guess I will just suck it up and work hard with no fun in sight (except of course for when we all get to together and veg out while doing nothing productive - which must happen this semester because we will all be going quite mad).

Unknown said...

oh, it shall occur. I wouldn't survive without it.

deb said...

I am already going mad, and the semester hasn't exactly started yet.

Trisha said...

i may cry. do not ever take chem 106 from john francis cannon. he is too hard. and heartless.

Unknown said...

Ali, I'm kind of scared about Sharing the Gospel. It really is pretty intimidating. I'm not sure if I'm up to serving a full time mission anymore.

deb said...

well, you can still prep for that mission by taking a foreign language. Maybe Spanish 100B? No pressure.