Monday, January 16, 2006

What's not to want?

I went to the Utah Auto Expo today for the first time and it was pretty dang exciting. Let me show you my (relatively) new found loves.

The first and foremost on my list is the BMW 325, hopefully shown below (I'm not very good at positioning these pictures; sorry). It is just so beautiful. Unfortunately, it will never be in my budget. I think. Who knows. Maybe I'll marry a really rich guy who can frivilously throw his money into something worldly. Sweet.



The next car on my list is the Honda Civic Hybrid. This thing gets 49 mpg city and 51 mpg highway. That's insane. It's kind of futuristic looking (the picture below doesn't catch this look) which I usually don't approve of, but who cares if you don't have to buy gas? It's also a Honda, which means it's pretty reliable, except if it gets stolen...


The last beauty I will show you is my favorite SUV. I have always liked the Toyota 4Runners because they are so attractive. I must admit, I like the older models looks-wise, but these newer ones are pretty awesome. Just take a gander.


I guess the Toyota Highlander Hybrids are more environment-friendly, but they're just so large and imposing. So are 4Runners, but at least they are good-looking. I probably wouldn't buy an SUV just because of the horrible gas mileage, but they are nice to look at.

17 comments:

deb said...

Yes, I recall the few times I have been to this Expo, and sitting in all of the sweet SUV's (mostly Xterra) and Audi's until someone knocked on the window and gave me an angry look telling me to get out. Man those Hummer's were always the ugliest things ever. And then you get the freakin' awesome minivans, which shouldn't be cool, but when you add that speed volume adjuster thing...man that is SWEET.

micquel said...

geez. that BMW is more than awesome. I heartily wish you a rich husband to purchase it for you. heartily. I wish the same for myself, I will admit. That is one nice looking peice of work.

smart alec said...

how about you marry yourself a rich husband and have him buy you a car and then another car for me. That sounds good. Cars are definitely fun to look at. And especially the part about no worrying if the car is going to die the next time you drive it.

deb said...

I just want it.

Unknown said...

Ali, agreed about the worrying if your car's going to die. I have that worry every day.

I really don't know too much about cars, I just love them.

deb said...

it is fun to look at them.

Unknown said...

They are way fun. I'll watch for one in the summer. They do cost money, unfortunately. Maybe you'll have a sweet job, by then, though. You better.

deb said...

There is an old car show...well classic car show at UVSC in the spring. That one is fun. Shiny cars, engines that are loud. Good times.

Unknown said...

I don't like to look at older, classic cars so much. I like to see what is actually available to the general public. I mean, those old cars are pretty sweet but I just think "what the heck."

micquel said...

everyone thinks that everyone's blog is so inquisitive these days! what in lands sakes is that all about?

smart alec said...

That is because they are Micquel, they are.

And I would have to say that I quite enjoy the old car shows - I wish those cars could become our cars now because they are so much cooler than the things we have today.

deb said...

agreed. But with modern technology inside. I like the inside of cars these days.

micquel said...

inquisitive my foot!

amen to the old lookin cars, new technology. liven large inside and out. thats what I'm talkin about.

inanechatter said...

wow spixters. Those cars are quite loverly. I have to agree with the 4runner. It's my favorite SUV too and the old ones do look better than the new ones. I went to that auto expo too. Did you see the concept car? I don't remember what the make is but it kind of looked like the batmobile. It was crazy and the taillights were pretty nuts

Unknown said...

Mindy! I do recall this bat mobile. Truly insane. If I ever saw that driving around I would know that we were living in the "future."

Trisha said...

okay. i have never been to the auto expo. i think i should give it a try some time. i understand about the hybrid thing. i REALLY want one. i think my first nice car i buy will be a hybrid. i fully support them despite the futuristic-looking issue. i have in fact seen one up close so i know what you are saying.

Anonymous said...

Said was wonderful, really the best site! Liked by the way best described 2011 Nike soccer cleats . Prefer the Nike mercurial soccer cleats and New nike soccer shoes