Sunday, October 15, 2006

there is beauty all around

I just love the fall. The autumn leaves are so pretty. Yes, everything seems to start looking quite dead, but look at all of these things to enjoy.

These leaves are all from one bush, which I thought was pretty cool.


I don't know what these are called, but it's nice to know there are certain flowers that bloom only in the fall.

The last of the living 6' tall sunflowers.

And, finally, the last of the grapes still clinging to dying vines. Absolutely gargeous in a morbid way. Time to start wearing sweaters!

6 comments:

plugalong said...

Beautiful! I especially love the photo of the sunflowers. Ah, me. Thanks.

deb said...

Mmm, sweaters. Too bad I only own two of them. I think that I will start to aquire more of them. Maybe I should try out DI for that... Maybe not. Not that I have anything against cats and christmas teddy bears.

smart alec said...

man, i really like sweaters, but i don't really have any. this is quite the shame. maybe i can muster up some money to buy some.

fall is nice, exept when it is freezing at night you have a cold.

deb said...

When there's love at home....

Babs said...

It's true, Fall is pretty amazing! - all the colors, the crunchy leaves that when no one is looking you kick around and stomp on em'. It's quite exciting... you should try it... or you could just admit that you do it if that's the case.
p.s. I miss you all!
P.s.s. I think that "i miss you all" or "man I haven't seen you guys in a long time" should be my signature ... because I say it almost everytime I get on here... unfortunately becuase it's true everytime I get on here... and it's all my fault too. :o}

Unknown said...

Teri, my good friend. I miss you too. We need to play frisbee again, this time with more people. That would be amazing. You can come to Trisha's reception with us on Thursday night if you want to. Call. We will answer.