Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Get ready for the most dates of your life!

So, at Women's Services I'm in charge of planning Speed Dating. We did it about a month ago for the first time ever and it was a huge success, in that hundreds of people showed up to participate; however, it was extremely unorganized, as we had planned for about 50 people. We're trying it again this Saturday night and I'm excited! It really is fun to plan and organize events. This time I'm color coding everything to make it user-friendly. You'd be surprised how dumb people are when you give them the simplest instructions. I think everyone will be more calm and have less questions if things are color coded. For instance, each person will be given a nametag with their name and a colored sticker. They have to sit at the group of tables that corresponds with the color of the sticker on their nametag. Genius, eh? That's what I thought. Another reason I'm glad to be planning this event is that I don't actually have to participate in it! Yea! No awkward moments for me; I'll just be running around like a mad woman. Also, I will get to ring the gong for them when their 5 minutes are up (unless someone else really wants to).
Here's the poster:

4 comments:

deb said...

Why are all the boys "in the same situation" wierdees?! You are amazing for planning such an event. Good show ol' chap.

smellame said...

Nikki, what a swell gal you are. And I'm real glad that Debbie reffered to those chaps as wierdees.

Becca said...

That is awesome! you are such a great-idea-maker. haha that came out odd. colors should def. help people out. fo sho!

smellame said...

Nikki, by all means, you need to come see the closet we call home. Any old time bustah. You is always welcome! I'm home in the evenings after 7 Mon. Tues. Fri., and after 2 in the afternoon on Wed. Thur. Sat.