Friday, April 18, 2008

The wonders of money...

I donated plasma for the third time ever yesterday. I have always been a pretty regular blood donor, but when my sister started working at a plasma center I decided I'd give the plasma route a shot. (ha ha "a shot". Get it?). It's turned out to be pretty great because of the following reasons:
- I get to see my sister more often
- It makes me sit down and study
- I get to watch weird movies I would never otherwise view
- I get paid $30 every time I go, and it takes about an hour
All of those reasons are good, but it amazes me how much money $30 is. If I'm getting a needle put into my arm, I might as well be getting paid for it. The money I receive can pay for my phone bill for an entire month! Or it buys me groceries for 2 weeks (or more)! I can feed my show fetish better now, too! All in all, if you're eligible, I'd totally give it a try. It's across the street from DI on Columbia Lane, btw.

6 comments:

Meg Duffy said...

I HATE NEEDLES.... I throw up! Bt I woudl love the money!

my favorite color is green said...

oh nikki. i am selfish because i get to enjoy your new blog entry, and you do not get to enjoy any of mine. someday i will suprise you and post something interesting again, but i am sorry it is not today. donating plasma, huh? cool dude- doing a good deed, AND getting compensated monetarily. you're da bomb or something. i love you dearly. later

Becca said...

i never would have before. but now that i've had a baby and had a million tubes and needles stuck into me as well as a massive child come out of me...i have no fear. i dont think james would agree to it though. hmmm.

Unknown said...

It's just like giving blood, but less harmful to your body. Because they're only taking the plasma. And plasma replaces itself really quickly (like in less than 24 hours).

micquel said...

I may have to give it a try. I mean $30 for an hour. Sweet!

Dani said...

uhhhh....did i ever tell you about my experience trying to donate plasma?


yeah. I passed out and puked (while passed out) all over the cute attendant.

needless to say, i didn't really donate plasma again. but hey, seems to be working for you...