Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Close Proximity

Everyone in my family is gone right now: parents are in Michigan visiting Tyle & Millie, MaecyKenAbby all went to Oregon for a family reunion. The result of them leaving is that I am left all alone at my parents house. I was going to sleep over at Regan apartments last night, but I was so tired that I decided to just sleep at my house by myself. Bad idea. I felt bad for the animals that I was the only one home--I didn't want them to get lonely so I left my bedroom door open. Of course, then the cat jumped on my bed and tried to sleep with me, which I can't stand. It always keeps me awake because I'm afraid of kicking him. Also, my door kept on moving back and forth because of the wind. After about an hour and a half of not sleeping I decided to kick the cat out, close the window, and shut my door. After this was accomplished it only took me about 20 minutes to go to sleep. But by then it was like 12:30 and I had to wake up at 6:45. That's just not enough sleep for me.

Anyway, I only have to be alone for one more night, so I hope I can sleep a little better. Especially since I have to pick up my parents from the airport at 11:30 p.m. on Thursday night. That will be a late night.

Here's some good news: I got another part time job! I'll be the afternoon receptionist MWF at Chrysalis, a company that hires people to take care of/hang out with disabled people. I'm a little bit nervous, which I guess is natural when you start a new job. I have a 5 hour training session tonight and I start working on Friday. Crazy.

I'm excited for the get-together at Becca's this Friday. It will be bizarre to be with all the oldies again. Bec, do you want me to bring anything?

If anyone wants to come, I'm hiking up to Timp Caves on Saturday morning. It's kind of pricey ($7/person) but it's really fun, at least a once-every-two-years kind of experience. It's not a very hard hike, just kind of like hiking the Y. Here are some pictures of what you could be missing if you decide not to attend.

Okay, so it looks kind of creepy, but I promise it's actually really cool. Oh, and I liked Narnia: Prince Caspian. Especially the good looks of High King Peter. And someone told me I look like Susan. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you for your umbrella concern. I looked at that website, and they had tons of good ones!

deb said...

So, how was the night? And the job training?

MJ said...

well, i don't know how you're going to take this....but...i think susan is beautiful, but i don't think you look like her at all.
that probably didn't help.
sorry.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Miss.

The first night alone was scary and restless, the second was fine.

The job training was the longest, most boring thing ever but it's OVER. I start tomorrow!

Dani said...

brilliant! i want to hike to timp caves with you! let's do it in the fall.
also, i was recently home alone as well! for 3 nights.
AND i saw prince caspian too! missy and i LOVED it, peter's freaking hot, and susan is amazing. prince caspian=not so bad either!

Becca said...

Ok, so I am sad that I didn't read this sooner. Sorry I am such a slacker. I am glad that you were excited for the get together that Friday. What did you think of it? How was it getting together with all the oldies? No names need be mentioned, but you know who I am talking about when I say he's really different! ;o)

Can't wait for girls night!

plugalong said...

could you email me your address? my email is plugalong@comcast.net.
(Thank you card for your mom).
Thanks!