Friday, November 28, 2008

Don't you love the holidays?

So. Yesterday was Thanksgiving. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. to go to Kmart (why are they open on Thanksgiving? Do they hate their employees? Greedy retail stores...) to get Debbie's birthday present (you can bet it's the best thing you've ever seen), some oversize fleece blankets (I need blankets when I become independent/married!), and picture frames for the reception. Luckily my mother was awake putting the turkey in the oven and she happily agreed to accompany me, otherwise I'd be scared out of my mind by those crazy Kmart-goers...am I one of those now? Also, good thing she came because she bought be a really cool ring! I can't describe it--you'll just have to see it. Or I could post a picture of it later.

Besides early morning shopping Thanksgiving was pretty great. Until Monte had to work from 6 p.m. to midnight! Stupid. But at least he got paid time and a half. That's excellent news. I went in and filed...for an hour. I would have stayed longer but Regan and I decided we needed to watch August Rush, which I had never seen. Also, she's moving back to Oklahoma in like a week and I won't see her for a long, long time. And...I got some music from her. Which took about 2 hours to transfer over because her burner wasn't working and we only had a 512MB flash drive. Funny.

Anyways. This morning Monte was such a champ and he got up with me at 6:30 to go hit the Office Depot doorbuster sale. In which I bought an 8GB flash drive so none of those music fiascoes, like the one complained about above, will ever happen again! Yay!

Now I'm at work. That's right. I had to work at 8 a.m. on the day after Thanksgiving. And no one has called or come into the office. Seems like a waste of time for me and a waste of money for Chrysalis. Whatev. I'm just writing this blog and making copies. Oh, AND listening to Christmas music since it's no longer before Thanksgiving. Bring on the Christmas cheer.

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY/WEEK/MONTH:
I have an apartment! After weeks and weeks of searching, filling out applications, going to see disgusting apartments, Maecy's old landlord called her back and we get to have her old apartment! The one next to the Cannon's house! And it's pretty cheap, which is marvelous. Also, it has two bedrooms. And is right next to a bus stop. I'm so grateful! All those hours of searching and praying paid off, I'm telling you. The gospel is true.

7 comments:

Regs said...

Yay for an apartment!!!! And yay for bigger thumb drives. :-) Thanks for playing last night. I love you, dear girl! I will miss you so, so, so much!!

Meg Duffy said...

i miss you in california

Becca said...

nik my jo! i liked this post. it was like we were having our own little conversation.

I'm sorry you have to work on this day. James had to be in his store at 3:00 a.m. and he is scheduled until 6:00 p.m. which means he won't actually get off until around 8 or so. yeh. it's the holidays. it's retail.

YAY FOR HAVING AN APARTMENT! This makes me so happy, I cannot even tell you. I actually did look online just the other day for a place for you. haha. And yes, prayers totally are always answered. Even if it's like at last minute...somehow you are taken care of. I love it. God is good to us.

oh and make sure you always always pay your tithing and a generous fast offerings when you are married and have kids...you will never have to worry about money again. somehow things will just work out.

deb said...

What is this christmas present that would drag you out of your comfy bed so EArLY?!?!!! That's nuts! I miss you. We have been apart for far too long.

smart alec said...

Nikki I'm so glad you got an apartment! I am very impressed that you went shopping at such early hours. I went last year at like 9 or 10 on Friday and it was crazy at that time. It was my only time. Maybe I'll have more motivation to go in a few years.

micquel said...

Nikki! Yay! thanks for posting. I'm so glad you found a relatively inexpensive apartment. Make sure to take lotsa pictures so you can remember where you first lived together...so many fond memories from being newlyweds. Yep. I'm sorry Monte had to work. that totally bites the big one. Jeff had to work on Christmas last year. One more reason I'm so glad he doesn't work at the MTC anymore.

micquel said...

Nikki! Yay, you get married in two weeks! (and a day, I guess) holy carp, I'm so excited for you! Sorry that Jeff and I are so reclusive that we hardly even know Monte. We will have to hang out more in the future for certain. But you will be newly weds, and you will (probably) want lotsa time to yourselves. Heck, Jeff and I still do and it's been a year and a half. Anyway, I love you, yay for having husbands!