Thursday, May 13, 2010

weepy

I have this bad habit of crying during almost every TV show or movie. Seriously. If there's just one tiny ounce of deep emotion portrayed on film I can't help but tearing up (side note: it drives me crazy that there are words that are spelled the same but that can be pronounced differently to mean totally different things, i.e. tearing, read, etc).

Tonight I watched the most recent episode of Glee (delightful use of my time) and totally almost starting bawling at the end when Rachel was singing "One" with that quadriplegic guy (sorry for sounding so insensitive, I just really can't remember his name). It could have been either because I felt so sorry for the paralyzed guy or because I already have an emotional connection with that song (especially the Mary J Blige version). Either way, I felt like an idiot.

Kind of like that time that my coworker was driving in her car and heard Miley's song "The Climb" and started crying. She was pretty embarrassed. And we still make fun of her.

Anyway, I am a wuss pants and cry about everything, whether happy or sad. Perhaps this is a good thing because it makes me feel like I still have a soul. Maybe I'm not as desensitized as I thought.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I thought you were going to end by saying you were preggers or something.

but i have to say, i'm not preggers either and I cry over things like lame songs and tv shows. I cried in avatar when they knock down the tree. I cried when I heard a song on the radio - i dont recall which one but it was on the same level as Miley.

what's with us crazy girls? no control. sheesh.

Dani said...

ha ha. i never would have had you pegged as a weepie. but you are. that is so funny...

Juile*Julie said...

Hi)
I*m Julia...i live in Ukraine)
and you?
are you have email adress?

Naomi Hanks said...

Ha HA! I cry at commercials all the time. Don't feel bad! :)