Sunday, May 02, 2010

Girls Camp, here we come!

I have a new calling: Mia Maid advisor!
This means I will be attending Girls' Camp at MIA SHALOM! That's where I went to girls' camp growing up. Remember when I jumped in the lake? And got banned? And had to clean canoes? Totally worth it.
Here's a picture I found on Google Images of one of the A-frame cabins:
I'm not really sure who that cut-out man is--maybe their bishop? Kind of creepy.
But, yes, we really do decorate our cabins according to the year's theme. I don't know what our theme is for this year, but I'm super excited.

Unfortunately, I'll only be able to go for part of the week because I don't have any vacation hours yet at my job. Poopy, but at least I still get to go for a bit.

I'll have to find my old pictures from camp and post some, yes?

9 comments:

my favorite color is green said...

yes, pictures please! I have some somewhere from when I was a leader and YOU AND MICQUEL! were in YW. Crazy! Congrats on the calling- it should be fun :)

Becca said...

CONGRATS! What a fun/busy calling! You will be so great in young women's! I always liked my "younger" leaders. It felt like we were more like friends, you know? So I bet all the girls will just go ga-ga over you.

yay for mia shalom! so many amazing things happen up there. and I'm not even talking about spiritually. ha.

Dani said...

awww....girl's camp...me, missy, hana, steph. it was the. best. thing. ever. i'm jealous!

micquel said...

wowsa, what a calling! I'm glad you are excited, because though I also loved the younger friendly leaders, I am terrified of the Mia Maids in my ward. (I have trouble feeling mature enough to have authority over my 6 year olds). So props to you, and Shalom as a leader does sound like a blast!

P.S. we need to get together soon. Tell me when your busy work schedule will allow this thing.

hayley said...

you guys got cabins???? what the... we slept in crappy tents in the crappiest campground known to man, it was all dried up and rocky and manifested several badger appearances. I think.... you are lucky.

Stephanie said...

Ha ha...

Maecy said...

I know those girls. I taught them in Primary. Bwa ha ha! Just kidding. You will love it.

Naomi Hanks said...

Lucky! I'm in the YW program out here but they do camp differently. I only get to go for one day! :(

Reed said...

How come you didn't tell us about your new calling and how excited you are? You don't never say nutt'n!!