Saturday, June 19, 2010

pyromaniacs

Monte and I went camping together for the first time EVER a couple of weeks ago. I know, it seems weird that we just barely got around to going, especially considering that Monte and I both loved camping before we ever starting dating. Last summer we tried to go a few times but then ended up being too lazy. Also, it's annoying to have to borrow all of the equipment every single time. Thus, we decided to bite the bullet and buy all of the essentials: tent, tarp, cooler, hatchet, camp chairs, and a sandwich roaster, as a few examples.

Holy cow, we had fun. Here are some pictures of our adventures. Don't mind my greasy hair.
And crazy face.



9 comments:

Maecy said...

k-Nikken. You look like you are a mass murderer or ninja. Either way, I'm frightened. Also, a sandwich roaster is totally essential for a complete camping experience.

Dani said...

where did you guys go? we need to go with you sometime.

Dani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sandwich roasters are the best. They can be used to cook dinner AND dessert.

Dani, we went to Hope campground up Provo canyon. We definitely all need to go together soon!

Also, Monte and I just found an awesome FREE spot up Hobble Creek (Springville) canyon. Yippee!

Erin said...

I love to camp! But we have also never gone, and also because we don't have any of the stuff.

Also, you get to go to Shalom for camp?? You lucky, lucky girl. I'm sure I have a picture of Geronimo somewhere. Actually, I probably don't. I think I just have the image burned into my mind's eye.

Also your hair is cute.

Also I like Monte's mustache. And his kinsmen's mustaches too.

Stephanie said...

Yay for camping! You should go with Dim sometime. They're quite the camping buddies.

micquel said...

So, money is one of the reasons we usually end up backing out of camping (plus borrowing stuff is annoying, plus we are lazy). Anyway. We need to get in on this free camping stuff for sure. Let us know the next time you go there and want guests, kay?

Reed said...

Well, glad you had a blast. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Dani said...

nikki...you need to write something new already.